Cost Engineering is the first undergraduate program in China. It has state-level first-class undergraduate program construction point, state-level characteristic major, and state-level honors such as state-level renowned teacher, state-level teaching team, state-level planning textbook, state-level first-class undergraduate course, state-level video Demo Class, and state-level excellent resource-sharing course. It is the first batch of "dual-certificate" accreditation pilot university validated by CCEA and the only university that has passed RICS and PAQS accreditation in China. It also has passed the Cost Engineering Evaluation of Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development. In the 2022 "Best Chinese Majors Ranking", the Cost Engineering ranks the second in China at the A+ level.
1. Cultivate professional talents with knowledge of management, economy and law related to engineering technology, information technology, and cost engineering; with strong practical ability, innovation ability, major comprehensive quality and ability, healthy personality quality and good social adaptability;
2. Cultivate application-oriented senior professionals who can be engaged in engineering budget, tender offer and project cost management in the fields of real estate construction and infrastructure construction;
3. Cultivate high-quality, professional and application-oriented senior specialized talents who can engage in management, project evaluation and other work in the owner, design, engineering consulting and construction units.
Business Administration is the state-level first-class undergraduate program construction point, adhering to the OBE education concept, emphasizing both practical links and theoretical teaching, merging the external maintenance and internal management well, to cultivate line senior management professionals. This major is characterized by "relying on scientific research to feed back teaching", and the integrated development of teaching and scientific research. The Business Administration major carries out the "two-stage" tutorial system for undergraduates to constantly innovate the talent cultivation mode and cultivate distinctive students. Based on the global perspective, the major carries out reverse innovation in the "2+2" international talent cultivation mode, with its training quality recognized internationally.
1. Cultivate talents who practice socialist core values, have a sense of social responsibility, public consciousness and innovative spirit, meet the needs of national economic development, and have a high humanistic spirit and great scientific accomplishment;
2. Master modern economic management theories and methods, have international vision, homeland feelings, innovation consciousness, team spirit and communication skills;
3. Application-oriented senior professionals who can engage in economic management in enterprise and public institutions, administrative departments and other institutions.
Engineering Management is state-level first-class major construction point. It integrates teaching module with digital intelligent building technology from the perspective of the whole process, highlighting the integration of engineering technology, management, economics and law curriculum modules. In the training process, a combination of theoretical teaching and practical teaching is adopted, and workshops are set up in the core courses of majors, so that students can better adapt to the development needs of engineering practice. In recent years, the employment rate of this major has been more than 90%. Students are employed by large state-owned enterprises of construction enterprises, such as China Construction, China Railway, real estate companies, engineering consulting companies, banks and other units.
Cultivate high-end talents who have basic knowledge of engineering technology, management, economy and law, have certain application skills of digital intelligence, and can engage in whole-process engineering consulting and project management in civil engineering and other engineering fields at home and abroad. This major cultivates students' ability of whole-process project management, including:
1. Ability of engineering projects planning and investment decision analysis;
2. Ability to bid for engineering projects and manage contracts;
3. Ability to plan and control engineering projects;
4. Ability to control the cost of engineering projects;
5. Ability of construction site management.
Marketing is the state-level first-class undergraduate program construction point. To cope with the environmental changes of new marketing, new consumption and new communication, it pays attention to the application of big data, new media and other cutting-edge technologies in the field of marketing, focuses on cultivating students' innovation ability, marketing planning ability, new media operation and data analysis ability in the field of digital marketing, and cultivates application-oriented senior professionals who can adapt to the new marketing and communication environment. Adapt to the development trend of big data technology, artificial intelligence and new media in the field of marketing, and teach the most cutting-edge digital marketing innovation ideas, marketing planning tools and data analysis methods. Through the establishment of off-campus practice bases, students are encouraged to participate in national professional discipline competitions and build marketing planning training rooms, e-commerce big data research centers and marketing creative communication laboratories, so that students are capable of solving practical marketing problems. Graduates are qualified for marketing planning, new media operation, brand promotion, market research and development, marketing management, business data analysis and other related management and operation work in the fields of government, financial services, culture creativity, media industry, Internet and real economy.
1. Cultivate talents who master the basic theories and methods of marketing, innovative thinking of marketing planning, and cutting-edge technologies such as business data analysis and digital marketing at the knowledge level;
2. Cultivate talents capable of marketing planning and business data analysis, and able to analyze, study and deal with practical marketing problems at the capability level;
3. Cultivate talents with humanistic spirit, scientific accomplishment, integrity quality and international vision to meet the needs of modern market economy at the personal quality level.
Industrial Engineering is the first-class undergraduate program construction point in Tianjin, aiming at studying how to use scientific methods to reduce costs, improve quality and increase benefits. Industrial Engineering is committed to promoting the improvement of the total factor productivity of enterprises. By planning, adjusting and reconstructing the allocation structure and quantity demand of production factors in the spatio-temporal series, Industrial Engineering quantitatively solves the input-output, product quality, cost-effectiveness and other problems of production factors and factor combinations, and constantly promotes the realization of better performance output of organizations. This major is first-class undergraduate program construction unit in Tianjin, with a key research center of humanities and social sciences and two professional laboratories in Tianjin, and a strong faculty. After graduation, the students can work in various for-profit organizations, such as industrial enterprises, consulting institutions, financial institutions, commercial service enterprises, and government professional management departments, and engage in lean transformation, operation management, quality management, enterprise consulting and diagnosis, etc.
1. Cultivate professional and technical talents with comprehensive innovation and improvement abilities such as production and operation control, cost control, operation efficiency improvement, optimization of resource allocation and continuous improvement;
2. Training directions include operation management, site management and optimization, and quality management.
Logistics is the first-class undergraduate program construction point in Tianjin and application-oriented undergraduate program of Tianjin's 13th Five-Year Plan, and has key research center for humanities and social sciences and virtual logistics simulation laboratory in Tianjin. Taking green Smart Supply Chain management, artificial intelligence and digital twinning, intelligent logistics decision-making and optimization as the direction, Logistics conducts academic research, plan design and talents cultivation for manufacturing enterprises and producer services and promotes the discipline structure optimization of "greenization, intelligence and digitization" for building a well-known high-level application-oriented major in China.
1. Graduates must master basic theories and analysis methods of Economics, Logistics and Systems Engineering, innovative thinking of Green Supply Chain Management, operation rules of Enterprise Logistics and Intelligent Logistics Virtual Simulation, and other cutting-edge technologies and management thinking;
2. Have high morality, strong sense of social responsibility and mission, good scientific humanistic quality and international vision and great innovation consciousness to meet the needs of market employment;
3. Have exceptional management ability in logistics information organization and analysis, logistics system design and planning, and logistics supply chain operation and control, and be able to effectively analyze the practical problems of logistics supply chain operation and operations management.
The major of Financial Management emphasizes moral education and focuses on practice, combining professional theory teaching with financial practice in China's capital market. Highlight the interdisciplinary integration of financial management knowledge and intelligent analysis technology. The major has a professional laboratory of financial management and constantly conducts practical activities such as course training, internship, and professional workshops to create a "simulation learning environment". In addition, a whole-process practical teaching system of internal and external linkage has been established. Most graduates of Financial Management are engaged in accounting, finance, and management in banks, securities companies, accounting firms, enterprises and public institutions, and government departments, with a high employment rate.
1. Master the basic theories of Management and Economics, and systematically understand the basic theories and knowledge of Modern Financial Management and Accounting;
2. Be proficient in national laws and regulations related to the industry, and have high professional ethics;
3. Be good at financial data analysis and financial management decision-making, and be capable of using modern tools to analyze and solve problems in accounting, analysis, and decision-making of financial management, so as to help enterprises forecast, prevent and resolve financial crises.
Big Data Management and Application
The major of Big Data Management and Application is an interdisciplinary major which emphasizes the combination of big data technology and economic management knowledge, aiming to cultivating senior talents qualified for big data analysis and application technology, big data architecture system development, data science research and application. In the training process, focus on students' craftsman and innovative spirit and develop their practical ability in big data management and application, while highlighting the cultivation of technical practices and innovative thinking in the management practice under the guidance of the combination of Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing and other information technologies with cutting-edge economic management practices.
Adhering to the development concept of "building a solid foundation, imparting great knowledge and focusing on ideas, innovation and practices", the major adopts a brand new curriculum teaching model catering to every student's demand to cultivating senior management talents with international vision, innovation consciousness, innovative ability and leadership potential. Learning objectives include the following ability objectives:
1. Graduates must have the ability to engage in scientific research, technology development, and engineering application in big data management;
2. Master the ability of organizational governance and decision-making in big data analysis based on various application scenarios of organizational economic management;
3. Be capable of innovation and communication, and have great business ethics, teamwork spirit, a certain international perspective and other professional ability.
As the only major awarded an economics degree by the university, the Insurance major adopts the training mode combining teaching and practice and is committed to cultivating senior application-oriented talents with professional knowledge, who are competent for risk management and insurance operation and management. The major is subordinated to Finance, which not only has the characteristics of Finance but also fully reflects the functional features of financing and social management of Insurance as an important pillar of the national social security system. Graduates are mainly employed in insurance, banking, financial investment and various enterprises that need to engage in risk management.
1. Cultivate talents, with basic theories and business skills in economics, finance, and insurance, that meet the needs of the development of a socialist market economy;
2. Cultivate application-oriented senior professionals with the ability to deal with the insurance business, the innovative ability to plan marketing and insurance programs, and the all-round development of moral, intellectual, and physical skills in the fields of insurance, banking, financial investment, and other risk management departments of other enterprises;
3. Graduates must be innovative with business ethics, efficient communication ability, teamwork spirit as well as an international vision.
Sino-foreign Cooperation in Education
Approved by Tianjin Municipal Education Commission (Tianjin Municipal Education Commission International  No. 141), the University is cooperating with Thompson Rivers University (TRU for short) to jointly run the major of Business Administration (Approval document No. MOE12CA2A20020202O). The major adopts the training mode of Sino-foreign cooperative education and introduces the curriculum, teaching materials, teaching methods and other high-quality education resources from Thomson University of Canada, which is taught by both Chinese and foreign teachers in both Chinese and English. From the third year of the university, excellent students will be selected to study at Thomson University in Canada as exchange students. The schooling of the major is four years and graduates will be awarded a Bachelor's degree in Management from Tianjin University of Technology and a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Thomson University in Canada.
1. Cultivate application-oriented senior professionals in business administration who practice socialist core values, have a high social responsibility, public consciousness and innovative spirit, and meet the needs of national economic development. They should also have a high humanistic spirit and great scientific view;
2. Graduates must master modern economic management theories and methods, with a professional analysis perspective and analysis methods of economics and management. They should also be able to combine international vision with local feelings, innovation consciousness, and team spirit;
3. Graduates should be proficient in both Chinese and English, master cross-cultural communication skills, and have the ability to analyze and solve various economic and management problems in business activities.
Sino-foreign Cooperation in Education
With the approval of the Ministry of Education, the University is cooperating with Osaka Sangyo University (OSU) to jointly run the Industrial Engineering undergraduate education program (Approval document No. MOE12JP2A20030204O). The major introduces high-quality education resources from Osaka Sangyo University, Japan, and adopts bilingual teaching in China and Japan. Cultivate application-oriented senior professionals with professional knowledge, cross-cultural communication ability, and language ability to meet the needs of regional economic development.
The major has the following two training modes:
1. Complete the study in the major at the University for four years.
2. Students who meet the requirements of Osaka Sangyo University in the sixth and seventh semesters can study in Osaka Sangyo University for one year and return to the University for further study in the eighth semester.
Students who complete either of the above two modes and meet the graduation requirements of the university will receive the graduation certificate and bachelor's degree certificate issued by the University.
1. Application-oriented senior specialized personnel with high morality, social responsibility, cooperation ability, and innovation spirit, who can satisfy the needs of economic and social development;
2. Systematically master the basic theoretical knowledge of Economics and Management, and understand the professional knowledge and skills of Industrial Engineering and Logistics;
3. Graduates must be proficient in Japanese and have extraordinary cross-cultural communication skills and foreign language expression skills.